Part-Time Administrative Assistant:
The Louisiana Press Association represents more than 125 newspapers, news websites, magazines, and a variety of free publications in every parish in Louisiana. A promotion has us looking for an Administrative Assistant.
In this position, you will handle a variety of administrative and clerical tasks including providing support for our managers and employees, assisting in daily office needs and managing our member-services general administrative activities.
In this position you would do a variety of tasks:
- Preparing reports
- Maintaining appropriate filing system
- Answer & direct phone calls
- Write and distribute email, correspondence memos, letters and forms
- Order office supplies, research pricing options and vendors
- Maintain contact lists
- Provide general support to visitors
- Act as a point of contact for members, clients
- More as may be assigned and as you demonstrate your ability to handle more responsibility
The best candidates will be proficient with Word, Excel, other basic office software; have strong time-management skills and the ability to prioritize work; be attentive to detail and have problem-solving skills; have excellent written and verbal communication abilities.
A high-school degree is required. Additional education and work-experience a plus.
This is regular part-time work, 25 hours a week (Mon-Fri). While you do not get full company benefits, you are eligible for paid vacation, sick time and holidays. We have a bit of flexibility in the weekly work schedule so would try to accommodate your needs.
We can offer $13-$15 an hour to start with the opportunity to earn more with time on the job and good performance.
Interested? Submit a cover letter and resume telling us a bit about yourself and your experience to: Mike@lapress.com